Update CHANGELOG for v3.2.0-rc2
diff --git a/CHANGELOG b/CHANGELOG
index 3fccfc1..551b09a 100644
@@ -1,24 +1,32 @@
This release includes compression efficiency and perceptual quality
improvements, speedup and memory optimizations, as well as some new
- New Features
- * Introduced speeds 7, 8, and 9 for all-intra mode.
- * Introduced speed 10 for real-time mode.
+ * Introduced speeds 7, 8, and 9 for all intra mode.
+ * Introduced speed 10 for real time mode.
* Introduced an API that allows external partition decisions.
+ * SVC: added support for compound prediction.
+ * SVC: added support for fixed SVC modes.
- Compression Efficiency Improvements
* Intra-mode search improvement.
* Improved real time (RT) mode BDrate savings by ~5% (RT speed 5)
and ~12% (RT speed 6). The improvement was measured on the video
+ * Improved real time mode for nonrd path (speed 7, 8, 9): BDrate
+ gains of ~3-5%.
+ * Rate control and RD adjustments based on ML research in VP9.
+ Modest impact for low resolution but ~0.5-1.0% for HD.
- Perceptual Quality Improvements
* Added a new mode --deltaq-mode=3 to improve perceptual quality
based on a differential contrast model for still images.
* Added a new mode –deltaq-mode=4 to improve perceptual quality
based on user rated cq_level data set for still images.
+ * Weighting of some intra mode and partition size choices to better
+ manage and retain texture.
- Speedup and Memory Optimizations
* Further improved 2-pass good quality encoder speed:
@@ -32,6 +40,10 @@
o RT speed 5 speedup: 110%
o RT speed 6 speedup: 77%
+ - Bug Fixes
+ * Issue 3069: Fix one-pass mode keyframe placement off-by-one error.
+ * Issue 3156: Fix a bug in av1_quantize_lp AVX2 optimization.
This release includes several bug fixes.